Monday, December 21, 2015

Love of sewing!

It's taken a while,  but the graphic tee movement is starting catch my eye.
Recently I saw a tee shirt on Face Book that I really liked,  but they wanted $25 + shipping.

I have vinyl,  a Silhouette cutter and just enough nerve to try making my own stencil and design.

So using the techniques I employed for the painted pillows I applied them to stenciling a tee shirt I purchased at H&M for $10.

I really like the result!

Things to remember:
1. Use a textile medium with your acrylic paint,  or the design will be stiff.
2. Use cardboard between the tee shirt layers so paint does not bleed through.
3. Set the paint design with an iron and wait 2-3 days before washing.
4. I ironed creases on center front both vertically and horizontally to set my design in a pleasing way.

No comments:

Post a Comment